Friday, February 17, 2012

Round 3: Yuck

Well, I'm not really sure what to say, so I am not going to say too much about my third round. I was a bit shaky from tee to green and not sharp on and around the greens either. One particularly bad shot led to my taking an unplayable lie and making a double-bogey on the par-3 4th hole, and other than that, I just hit a variety of poor to mediocre shots. My chipping was less than stellar as well, and I actually did miss a couple of putts in the 4-6 foot range today. It all added up to a disappointing third-round score of 77.

I am determined to take something positive from every round, and there are definitely a couple of key things that I will remember from today. First of all, I had a nice warm-up session this morning and really went to the first tee feeling comfortable and confident that it would be a good day. It obviously didn't work out today, but I like that feeling. I did hit some very good drives today, and I will remember those. I also hit a handful of iron shots worth putting in the memory bank, so the day has left me with some good things.

I am still building and the year is very young, so I am not too concerned about my off day today. I am glad that there is still a round left in this tournament for me to play well. I need to climb back up the leaderboard a little bit tomorrow, but more than that, a good round tomorrow will be valuable to me as I try to get some momentum rolling for the 2012 season.

I am still pumped about the week I am having here. I hope to finish it with a strong round tomorrow. Come back for a round 4 report and a tournament wrap-up tomorrow in the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...