Saturday, June 18, 2011

Decent Finish and Some Good Momentum

I never quite felt good about my golf game in any round of this week's Egolf Event, and the final round today was no exception. I did improve steadily, however, and managed to keep most of my misses in positions from which I still had some chances to make birdies today. In addition to that, I putted more like my old self again in the final round, and though I missed some make-able putts, I was solid from close range and did get a couple of 10-15 footers to fall. I played my final nine holes in four under par today to shoot a five-under-par round of 66 and get my tournament total to 11 under par for the week. That wasn't great scoring by any means, and it resulted in just a tie for 30th place, but I am happy to see that on a week when nothing ever felt quite right, I was able to keep it under par each day and shoot some decent scores.

The most exciting thing about my day today was the fact that I had my best practice session of the week after the round. I worked on a little bit of everything and for the first time all week was seeing consistently good results from my ball-striking and wedge play. I also knocked out a three-footer drill with the putter on my first attempt and did some good work on my chipping. I feel like I made a big move towards that "lovin' feeling" today in my closing nine holes and then especially in the hours that followed the round.

Next week I will tee it up again in another Egolf event in Huntersville, NC, at a course called Cowan's Ford. I feel liked I picked up a little momentum moving forward today, and I'm confident that I will be feeling good for Wednesday's first round. I still think big things are in store for my golf game this summer, and I'm excited to keep working at it!

Thank you for following me! Keep it here for an update heading into next week's event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...