Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back in Action

Though my near miss in last week's U.S. Open Sectional Qualifier was much more encouraging than disappointing, I must admit that I needed a few days to regain the motivation that helped me come so close to qualifying. My practice last week was much more casual than usual and consisted mostly of friendly matches on the course without any "grind" time on practice facilities. I felt a little bit lazy ignoring my process goals last week, but I think it was good for me. I hit the practice facilities hard this Monday, and today (Tuesday) I left home for an Egolf Event in Salisbury, North Carolina. My motivation is back, and I am determined to keep improving on what has already been a very good year.

This week's event is at a course called Sapona Country Club, and the Country Club of Salisbury will serve as the event's co-host. I played great at Salisbury last year, and Sapona really fits my game nicely, so I'm confident that this will be a good week. I was definitely a little bit off in a practice round today at Sapona, but a very focused practice session this afternoon has me feeling good heading into the first round tomorrow.

Tomorrow I tee it up at 8:20 a.m. on the first hole at Sapona. My game plan is simple. I am going to form a solid plan on every shot, commit to that plan on every shot, and then execute fearlessly on every shot. If I really do those three things on every shot I hit this week, it will be a great tournament. Come back for a round one report tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You are now a year older. Are you a year wiser? Good luck in your tournament. Smile!!

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...