Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I'm definitely one of the lucky ones. I've been very loved by my mom and dad my entire life. Today is Father's Day, so I want to send a huge thank you out to my dad, and say that even though neither of us is the best at saying it, I think we have a pretty good system of showing each other the love and respect that we have for one another. My dad is one of the biggest supporters of my career, and I'm very thankful for that. So, Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you.

I spent Father's Day with an adopted family of mine in Greensboro, North Carolina. I played 28 holes of golf, including a full round at Bryan Park, the host course for the 2010 U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship, and five holes at Starmount Forest Country Club, a Perry Maxwell designed course in Greensboro. I tried to really focus and work on some of the areas of my game that were off during my tournament last week. I drove the ball better and hit some really good iron shots, but still didn't hit my wedges as well as I would like. All-in-all, though, my game felt great, and I am feeling very good about my tournament next week.

I didn't quite finish all of my process goals for the week, but I am really happy with the week of practice that I had. My wedge play really needs work, but the tournament facilities this past week really didn't offer any areas for short game practice. I need to be more creative, however, and do the work that needs to be done to help my game. I felt great about my putting practice for the week, and I feel like completing my putting drills really has an immediate and profound impact on my tournament performance on the greens. My process goals are good for my game, and I need to stay committed to finishing them each week.

I'm excited about the week that I have had, and I can't wait to have an even better one next week. My game is good, and I'm going to work hard to keep improving. I think good tournament results are on the way soon. Keep it here for updates as I head into another Egolf event this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...