Thursday, June 23, 2011

Things That Make You Go "Hmmm?"

My play today in Round 2 of this week's Egolf event actually felt better to me than my Round 1 performance. Battling some tough conditions, I couldn't ever seem to get things working in my direction, however, and struggled the entire day. I birdied both of the par 5's on the front nine (which was my closing nine) but couldn't manage any other birdies for the day and suffered three bogeys for a one-over-par round of 72 at Northstone Country Club.

Though it was my first round over par in quite some time, there were a lot of positives that I will take from my round today. I really hit the ball pretty well and had some great up-and-downs when it ended up in surprisingly bad places a few times. In fact, other than blowing one simple up-and-down and misreading quite a few mid-range birdie putts, I was happy with the way I played. My game is still feeling good.

I'm not in the position I would have liked to have been heading into the weekend, but I am right in the middle of the field and only seven shots behind the leader. My game is going to be good this weekend, and I feel like I am going to shoot some good numbers. I am just going to continue to approach each shot with a committed game plan and a lot of confidence. I tee it up at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning at Cowan's Ford Country Club. It's going to be a good day, and I am going to have fun, so come back tomorrow night to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...