Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Good Start

I am off to a good start at this week's Egolf event. I played my first round today at Cowan's Ford Country Club, and, despite a couple of loose swings and a few missed make-able putts, I was able to post eight birdies to just two bogeys for an opening score of 65 on the par 71 layout. I drove the ball decently well after a shaky start and hit a lot of quality wedge shots. I also birdied all three of the par 5's and narrowly missed a very good look at eagle on the finishing hole. I was very encouraged by my round one play and feel like I can improve upon it as the week continues.

Tomorrow I play Northstone Country Club at 12:30. Northstone is very score-able, but it does require a lot of quality shots. I am confident that the hard work I have done lately combined with a good game plan for my round will result in a great day during round 2. Come back to hear all about it tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...