Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Good Start

I am off to a good start at this week's Egolf event. I played my first round today at Cowan's Ford Country Club, and, despite a couple of loose swings and a few missed make-able putts, I was able to post eight birdies to just two bogeys for an opening score of 65 on the par 71 layout. I drove the ball decently well after a shaky start and hit a lot of quality wedge shots. I also birdied all three of the par 5's and narrowly missed a very good look at eagle on the finishing hole. I was very encouraged by my round one play and feel like I can improve upon it as the week continues.

Tomorrow I play Northstone Country Club at 12:30. Northstone is very score-able, but it does require a lot of quality shots. I am confident that the hard work I have done lately combined with a good game plan for my round will result in a great day during round 2. Come back to hear all about it tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...