Monday, March 7, 2011

Hard Day on Day 1; Feeling Great for Day 2

The night before the first round of the tournament, I was feeling great. I was in bed by 10:30 and had three alarm systems ready to wake me up at 5:15, so I was certain that I would have plenty of time for breakfast and a good warm up session before my 7:50 first round tee time. Unfortunately, my wake-up call came well before 5:15. Around 2 a.m., I woke up with an achy stomach. I rolled around for a while hoping it would go away, but it didn't. By the time my alarms started ringing, I had been awake for over three hours and had spent way too much of that time in the bathroom. That is more than enough details about that, though. In truth, I felt okay as I went to the golf course, but I was definitely exhausted and weak. I played my round without eating or drinking anything, and was definitely struggling to keep myself focused during the round. I'm angry with myself because I feel like focusing and going through my routine is something that I should have been able to do despite feeling weak, but I was very lazy at times. In the end, I struggled my way to a disappointing round of two-over-par 74. Scores were expectedly low in round 1, but I still have a chance to get myself right back in the tournament with very good play the next three days.

It is now almost 10:00 a.m. local time the morning before my second round. Last night I was still feeling a little bit strange at dinner time so I ate very cautiously. At 8:30, I laid down in my bed still dressed and with the lights on in the room. The next thing I remember was waking up around 5 a.m. this morning, taking off my sweatpants and long sleeve t-shirt, and then going back to sleep. I slept until just after 8:00, and woke up feeling awesome! I still used some caution this morning at breakfast, but I ate very well. I feel energized, healthy, and ready to play great in round 2. I tee off at 12:20 today, so I had better start getting ready to go. Today I have absolutely no excuses. I am going to use the same formula that I had on the table in round 1, but today I will not allow myself to be lazy. That formula is: have a solid game plan on every shot, trust that game plan, execute the shot with confidence, go find the ball and repeat. I'm going to have a great day.

I will be back with a good round 2 report and more from Morocco later tonight. Come check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...