Sunday, March 20, 2011

Going to Have a Great Week

I had a great weekend here at home in East Tennessee. My game is struggling a little bit right now, and 36 holes on two different courses over the weekend really revealed some of my current weaknesses. I'm not hitting the ball very well. I am missing a lot of tee shots to the right and am struggling to hit my irons consistently solid right now. I am also struggling to hit high, soft pitch shots with any kind of touch around the greens. Yet, I am still managing my game pretty well, making good decisions, and putting the ball well enough to feel like I am on the brink of playing great. This week will be fantastic. I am going to spend a lot of time practicing all areas of my game and will also spend a good deal of time on the course working on getting the ball in the hole. I feel like I can really get rid of the negative vibes that followed my golf game home from Africa and be playing great again by the end of this week. I'm excited to have a great week of practice, and I know that I will find that "lovin' feeling" in my golf game soon!

I'm also glad to get back in a good fitness routine. I wasn't as good about keeping my workout schedule as I would have liked to have been in Morocco, but I had a light "two-a-day" workout on Saturday and a good hill-running workout today to get my body back in rhythm for a full week of workouts and running this coming week. I will complete all of my process goals this week (and each week for the rest of my golf year!), and I believe that my fitness goals are a big part of the package that will help me perform my best.

It's going to be a week of hard work for me, but I am going to love almost every minute of it. Keep it here for a couple of progress reports along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...