Saturday, March 5, 2011

Almost "Go Time" in Morocco

Today was fairly uneventful but good. Though I felt incredibly refreshed at days' end yesterday, I had absolutely no objections to the fact that my alarm clock didn't go off this morning and I slept in until 8:00 o'clock. (I have multiple wake-up alarms set for tomorrow.) At that point, it was a little too late to run and still make breakfast, so you can imagine which of the two I was willing to skip! After breakfast, I went to the course for an hour of practice before the pro-am. The pro-am was a lot of fun. I played with two Moroccans, Chakib and Khalid, and a Frenchman, Jean Louis. Jean Louis was fluent in English and Chakib was extremely conversational in English as well. We had a really fun afternoon. My game today was very odd. I hit the ball very well at times and very poorly at other times, yet my short game managed to always perform to the exact opposite of my ball-striking on every hole. I looked brilliant around the greens on the holes where I hit it poorly and struggled around the green on the holes where I hit it well. In the end, I made 17 pars and a lone birdie. Though my game was erratic today, I actually feel very comfortable heading into the first round tomorrow. I know that I am playing well, and I really feel good about everything over here in Morocco. My first round will begin early tomorrow morning at 7:50 local time. I'm planning to play well and then go with some friends to see the town of Marrakech. It should be an awesome day! Check back here tomorrow for a full report and some long-promised pictures!

Tomorrow's formula for success on the course: have a solid game plan on every shot, trust that game plan on every shot, execute the shot, go find it and repeat. It's going to be a fun week, and I am going to play well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...