Monday, March 14, 2011

Almost Great in Round 3

I played so well today in the third round at El Jadida. Conditions made the day brutally hard. Rain and winds gusting over 30 miles per hour at times turned the already tight course into a very demanding test. I really struck the ball solidly today, and my short game was back as well. I birdied three of my first twelve holes without any bogeys and felt great. I really continued to hit the ball well the rest of the way, but a poor club selection, a couple of bad breaks, and some almost unplayable winds on the par-5 8th hole cost me some shots coming in. I made three bogeys and a double bogey in the last six holes with another birdie mixed in there as well. In the end, my scorecard read 73, which was still a fairly good score for the day, but I played much better than that.

My game was much better in all areas today. I drove the ball fairly well, hit a lot of quality iron shots, and really chipped and putted the ball well. I was very happy with how comfortable I felt on and around the greens after really struggling in that area the first two days of the event. My game felt very good today, and I'm pumped moving forward.

Scores were not very good today. If I could have finished my round a little bit better, I would have really moved up in the field, but even with my poor finish, I still moved up into the middle of the pack and have a chance to collect a good finish with a nice round tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be very tough again, so I feel like another good solid effort will move me up the leaderboard even more. I'm going to commit to a good plan on every shot, and I'm confident that my execution will be good. Come right here for a good final round report from Morocco tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...