Monday, March 28, 2011

Great Week of Preparation

I believe that last week was one of the best weeks of practice I have ever had in my life. I was definitely struggling with most areas of my game at the beginning of the week, but I was determined to be positive and work hard so that I would be feeling good heading into my Egolf event this week. I am definitely feeling good now. Last week I finished each of my process goals and also played at least 16 holes everyday. My ball-striking improved dramatically early in the week, and I saw steady improvements in my wedge play, short game, and putting with solid practice sessions throughout the week. I feel like my game is fairly sharp in all areas, and I'm excited to keep progressing and becoming more consistent. For fleeting moments, I saw brilliance from all facets of my game last week, so I just need to keep fine tuning and finding those brilliant moments more often, and I'll be holding those big cardboard checks in no time!

This week I am just north of Charlotte, North Carolina, for an Egolf event at the Club at Irish Creek. Cabarrus Country Club will serve as the event's co-host and will be the site of one of my first two rounds. My game felt good today at Cabarrus in a practice round, and I have a good feel for that course. I will play Irish Creek tomorrow and am confident that I will have another good practice round. The tournament gets under way on Wednesday, and I think good things are coming! Keep it here for another report from Irish Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...