Monday, March 28, 2011

Great Week of Preparation

I believe that last week was one of the best weeks of practice I have ever had in my life. I was definitely struggling with most areas of my game at the beginning of the week, but I was determined to be positive and work hard so that I would be feeling good heading into my Egolf event this week. I am definitely feeling good now. Last week I finished each of my process goals and also played at least 16 holes everyday. My ball-striking improved dramatically early in the week, and I saw steady improvements in my wedge play, short game, and putting with solid practice sessions throughout the week. I feel like my game is fairly sharp in all areas, and I'm excited to keep progressing and becoming more consistent. For fleeting moments, I saw brilliance from all facets of my game last week, so I just need to keep fine tuning and finding those brilliant moments more often, and I'll be holding those big cardboard checks in no time!

This week I am just north of Charlotte, North Carolina, for an Egolf event at the Club at Irish Creek. Cabarrus Country Club will serve as the event's co-host and will be the site of one of my first two rounds. My game felt good today at Cabarrus in a practice round, and I have a good feel for that course. I will play Irish Creek tomorrow and am confident that I will have another good practice round. The tournament gets under way on Wednesday, and I think good things are coming! Keep it here for another report from Irish Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...