Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Positive Signs are Showing

Well, I can't yet say that I have been hitting it well in my practice sessions. Frustration has still been the norm, but there are moments when my game starts to feel right. The last two days have been pretty rainy, and that has inspired some alternative practice sessions which have been very good for me.

Due to a fairly steady rain Monday afternoon, Bay Hill was quite empty. My friend John, with whom I am staying in Orlando, is a member out there, so he and I have been practicing together a lot. Since the course was empty, we decided that we would sneak (don't tell anyone from Bay Hill) onto the Charger course, which is an additional nine-hole course to the Championship Course at Bay Hill. Getting on the golf course allowed me to turn off some of the mechanical thoughts that have been bogging me down on the driving range. I was just seeing the golf shots I wanted to hit and letting my body react to that. I actually hit some really nice shots. I still didn't feel particularly comfortable over many golf shots, but I felt some good feelings, and that is definitely a start. After some more routine practice, John and I did the same thing Tuesday afternoon and I found similar results on the course.

I feel like I'm heading in the right direction. I know that I can manage my way around the golf course well enough to compete even if I'm only hitting the ball mediocrely, but I really do feel like I can hit it well consistently. I will keep working on my ballstriking, and when I find it, I'm going to be dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...