Sunday, February 21, 2010

In Savannah, Moving Forward!

I stayed in Hilton Head for two days after taking my early exit from the event last week. I can honestly say that practicing at the golf course where I should have been playing the final two rounds of a tournament was a disappointing experience. I did not let that slow me down, however. I worked hard the last two days, and I regained a lot of the good feelings that disappeared during the two tournament rounds last week. My wedge play is going to be dramatically better this week, and I still feel good about my ball-striking. I am going to continue to search for that "lovin' feeling" the next few days with hopes that I will be ready to go when this week's event starts on Wednesday.

I'm in Savannah, GA, and the courses I will be playing are the Savannah Quarters Club and the Savannah Harbor Club. The Quarters Club will be the host course for the event, which means that three of the four rounds will be held there, while the Harbor Club will host one of the first two rounds. I will play a practice round on one of the courses on Monday and the other on Tuesday and will be ready to GO LOW on Wednesday!

I am fortunate to have a nice couple to stay with this week on Skidaway Island, which is just across the Intracoastal Waterway from Savannah. A sincere thank you to everyone who helped with this arrangement! The Island has a golf club that is home to six 18-hole golf courses! I am leaving momentarily to go take advantage of one of the driving ranges. The weather is perfect today, and I am going to have a great afternoon of practice! Between this afternoon and my practice rounds the next two days, I am going to be ready to go this week!

Stay tuned for practice reports and course descriptions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...