Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Two Practice Rounds Down... Go Time!!

I have now played both of the courses at Palmetto Hall that will host the Tarheel Tour's first event of the year starting tomorrow. The Cupp course, which will be used for one of the first two rounds and then both the third and fourth rounds is one of the best and most demanding courses I've played. I played it today, and really enjoyed it. The other course, the Hills course, is also a great course. It is not as demanding as the Cupp, but both require good golf shots and punish wayward ones.

I hit a lot of very quality shots on both courses in my two practice rounds the last two days. I am continuing to feel very comfortable with my ball-striking and have started to drive the ball really well in the past week. Drives that are both long and accurate are required on the Cupp course, and accuracy is also at a premium on the Hills course. The greens are challenging on both course and particularly so on the Cupp course, so a premium will also be placed on good iron play to avoid tricky shots on and around the greens. I feel like I am prepared to play the kind of precise and solid golf that these courses require.

I tee off tomorrow at 1:20 on the tenth tee of the Cupp course. That is a great draw! I get to avoid the coldest morning of the week, and I should have good conditions to go out tomorrow afternoon and play a great round to start my Tarheel Tour career. I'm confident that I will do just that!

Stay tuned for round-by-round updates and analysis. I'm going for the WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...