Friday, February 5, 2010

Heading Home, Getting Better!

I left Orlando at 6:00 a.m. yesterday morning and started my journey home to Tennessee.

I drove just under seven hours to the little town of Pine Mountain, Georgia, where Callaway Gardens, the site at which I played the Second Stage of PGA Tour Q-school last year, is located. I'm going to stay here for a few days and take advantage of the hospitality of the wonderful hosts (and the great golf course) I had while I was here for Q-school in the fall. I had a great afternoon of practice yesterday in cool, drizzly conditions. I walked nine holes (the back nine, which had my number during the Second Stage) with three balls and hit a lot of shots from many different spots around the golf course. It was so much fun (and so good for my game) to be practicing on a golf course again. I still didn't feel great about my ball-striking and definitely hit plenty of poor shots, but I feel like my comfort level on the golf course is trending upward right now.

The weather here is far from ideal, but this is winter-time golf. Today is very rainy this morning, but I'm hoping it will clear up and allow for some good practice this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be chilly but nice, and I'm hoping to get back on the golf course.

The weather at home in Tennessee does not look any too promising, either, but I will definitely be able to get in some good work while I'm there. I'm hoping to get some input from the man who knows my game best, Bobby "Bobbo" Bray, so that I can expedite the upward trend I'm feeling in my game and be fully prepared to play well in 12 days when the Tarheel Tour season begins.

The Tarheel Tour season kicks off with the Palmetto Hall Championship on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. The event is February 17-20, and I'll probably get to town on the 15th to play a couple of practice rounds. I'm very excited to get started, and I fully expect to have a great year! Stay tuned for more updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...