Thursday, March 14, 2013

Round-1 Report

It was a long day on Thursday at Mount Vintage Plantation. I arrived on time to warm up properly for my 8:36 opening-round tee time, but temperatures in the 20s promised a frost delay, and sure enough, I didn't tee off until nearly 11 o'clock. It was still quite brisk when I started, but the weather was not an issue. I had great days of practice leading into this week's event and was really feeling confident when we got started, but I struggled with my ball-striking early and often. The greens are very demanding on this golf course, and they require approach shots that are well-thought and precise. My thinking was good for most of the day, but my execution was very lacking. I made some great par-saving putts early and stood at even par seven holes, but bogeyed holes 8, 10, and 11 to fall to three over. I was definitely a bit rattled and frustrated, but I did a good job of staying patient, and though I could not get anything going, I played the final seven holes in one under par to post an opening-round 74 (+2). My game definitely felt a little off on Thursday, but I know that I am playing well. I'm going to find that lovin' feeling on Friday afternoon and play great the rest of the way. Come back for another report after round 2. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...