Wednesday, March 6, 2013

COLD and WINDY at Irish Creek

The first round at Irish Creek in this week's eGolf event was brutal. Wind chills were in the low 20's to start the day and as temperatures rose slightly, the winds only increased. I was very pleased with my ball-striking, but I struggled on the greens all day in round 1. I made my only birdie of the day on the my fifteenth hole (the 6th at Irish Creek) to get back to even par, but finished with three consecutive bogies to post an opening-round score of 74 (+3). I'm disappointed with that score, but my game is in a great shape, and a very solid practice session after my round has me feeling as good as ever. Conditions should be a bit more stable for my afternoon tee time in Thursday's second round, and I am pumped to play well and get myself back in contention. Come back for a good round-2 report. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...