Thursday, March 28, 2013

In Good Shape through 36 Holes

Despite a very sloppy finish, I posted a solid second-round score of 71 (-1). Strong gusty winds made for a very difficult start to the round, and I opened with a bogey. I made three solid pars before driving it into trouble on the par-4 fifth. I was forced to pitch my ball out of a difficult area in a waste bunker and was left with 120 yards for my third shot. I stuffed a wedge within three feet of the hole and converted the putt for a big par save, and that got me rolling. I made five birdies against a lone bogey over my next ten holes to reach three under for my round. A sloppy three-putt caused a bogey on the 16th hole before my worst iron shot of the week led to another bogey on the finishing hole. It was definitely disappointing to have such a weak finish, but it was still a good round of golf and has me in good position heading into the weekend. I'm going to keep playing well. Keep it here for reports from the action. Thank you for following me!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...