Friday, March 22, 2013

Great Finish to Round 2; Some Extra Driving

After an extremely frustrating Thursday ended with a first-round score of 80 (+8) on Friday morning, I was determined just to continue playing well and having a great attitude as I teed it up in round 2. I knew that making the cut was still very possible, but I simply wanted to have a good day and post a positive score. I began my second round in eerily similar fashion to the first round. I felt like I was executing well, but through seven holes, I had two bogeys and no birdies to show for my efforts. I stayed committed to each shot and began to get things going in the right direction. I played the final 11 holes of my second round in 4 under par with no bogeys to post a second-round score of 70 (-2). I was very pleased because I had played well and did have a good score to show for it, but I was certain that I would still miss the cut. I had failed to birdie either of the par-fives on my second nine, and I felt like my score would definitely not be enough to play the weekend. I decided to head home for some practice over the weekend, and I am currently writing this from my comfy bed in Dandridge, TN. I am thrilled to say, though, that I have an early wake-up call coming in the morning so that I can drive just more than three hours back to Chattahoochee Golf Course in Gainesville, GA, for the third round tomorrow. I'm going to make the cut, which is a great and pleasant surprise. I know the importance of staying positive and never giving up, but this experience further drove home that point.

I had better get to sleep for now so that I can go down to Georgia tomorrow and start climbing that leaderboard. Keep it here for updates over the weekend. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...