Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Great Course for This Week's NGA Event

I am writing this from my sister's house in Cartersville, Georgia, but this week's event on the NGA Tour is actually an hour and a half from here at Chattahoochee Golf Course in Gainesville, GA. I am in the afternoon wave for Thursday's opening round, so I'm soaking up a chance to stay with my sister and be Uncle Pete, but I will definitely be in "game mode" by mid-morning on Thursday. I am very excited about Chattahoochee Golf Course. It is a good layout with a nice variety of short and long holes, wonderfully shaped fairways lined by tall pines and sometime thick woods, and beautiful bunkering. The real highlight of the course, though, is the greens. They are fairly large putting surfaces, but dramatic undulation separates most of the greens into sections, and all are extremely firm and very fast. The greens will require intelligent planning and precise execution on approach shots. I have really been working on my iron play this week, and I am feeling good. All areas of my game are feeling good, in fact, and I am ready to put together a strong performance from beginning to end this week. The weather--cold, breezy, and potentially rainy at times--promises to add another element of challenge, but I am ready for whatever it can throw at me. I'm going to play intelligently, stay relaxed, have fun, and execute well this week. Keep it here for nightly updates after each round. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...