Wednesday, July 11, 2012

(A little bit too) Slow and Steady in Round 1

There is not really a whole lot to report from my opening round of this week's Egolf event. Playing at Irish Creek, I hit the ball beautifully all day and gave myself a lot of opportunities to get something going, but I just never did. I parred my first 11 holes of the day despite having reasonable birdie putts on 10 of those 11 holes. I then swapped a birdie at the par-3 third (my 12th) with a bogey on the par-4 fourth. Standing at even par with five holes to play, I lost my relaxed attitude just a little bit and began pressing a bit to make something happen. Even so, I got myself into a good mindset for each shot, and with the exception of a poor chip shot near the green of the par-5 sixth hole, I executed fairly well over the closing holes of my first round. A birdie at the par-4 seventh moved me to one under par for the day, and that is where I finished with a score of 70. I am definitely not thrilled with that score, but my game felt very good all day. I am going to the Country Club of Salisbury for the second round on Thursday, and I am confident that I will give a good performance. Come back to hear about it in the evening. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...