Friday, July 13, 2012

Irish Creek Owes Me a Good One

I have played many tournament rounds in the past three years at the Club at Irish Creek. I haven't checked the archives to confirm this, but I cannot remember shooting a score better than 69. In Friday's third round of this week's Egolf event, I played well enough to shatter that mark and break the streak of mediocrity that I have at the course. I felt like I was executing well in all areas of my game. I drove the ball well, hit a lot of solid iron shots, and was quite pleased with the way I was rolling the ball on the greens. At the end of the day, though, I didn't hit the ball close enough to the hole, and I managed just two birdies on my way to a one-under-par round of 70 on a day in which scoring conditions were perfect. I am ready to post a great score, though, and lucky for me, I have one more day to do it this week! Everything is feeling good, so I know that the desired results are coming. Hopefully I'll post a really good number in Saturday's final round. Come back to hear all about it in the evening! Thank you for keeping up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Close Calls and More Progress

I'm playing good golf, and it's really fun! I haven't been able to put enough consistently good play together yet to have a good...