Sunday, July 8, 2012

Great Week of Work

I call all of the effort and practice that I put into my golf game "work," but I enjoy almost every bit of it.  This week, I was lazy and mentally sloppy on Monday and Tuesday, and to make up for that, I was determined to have thorough days during a five-day stay at home Wednesday-Sunday. Though I played a two-day tournament on Monday/Tuesday, I decided that I was going to tackle my non-tournament week process goals, and I am very pleased to say that I completed all of them. I worked very hard on my fitness and woke up early each morning in an attempt to beat the sweltering heat. I did hard workouts all week, and I feel very energized. My practice goals took a lot of good work, too. My putting drills didn't go easily, but I was determined to get them all done. I get tournament-like nerves near the end of my putting drills, and though some of them took me a while this week, it is a great feeling to make some big putts towards the end of my drills and get them done. When I made my last three footer to complete my final putting drill on Sunday, I felt like I had won a tournament! In addition to that, I did great work with my wedges all week. My short game is definitely improving, and I feel like I made good progress with my wedges and around the greens this week. I had a couple of great matches on Friday and Saturday at Holston Hills as well. My work showed as I was fairly sharp both days. A couple of short game slips led to a pair of sloppy bogeys on the way to a two-under-par 70 on Friday before I cleaned up all areas of my game for a bogey-free 65 on Saturday. I am very excited with the week of work I had--even if most of it did seem like fun.

I am leaving Monday morning for Charlotte, NC, and the Egolf Tour's Southern Open at Irish Creek Golf Club and The Country Club of Salisbury. Obviously, I am still thrilled about the win that I had last week, but it is a clean slate now, and it is time to get myself in that position again. I feel well-prepared to have a great performance, and I am excited about this week's event. The tournament starts Wednesday. I will have a couple of good practice rounds the next two days, and I'll give you an updated before the event begins. Thank you for following me! Keep it here for all the news from what should be a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...