Friday, July 6, 2012

Back to Work

Following the excitement of last week, I allowed myself to have a lazy few days on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Unfortunately, I played an event on the Carolinas Pro Tour on Monday and Tuesday, and my laziness showed. I actually didn't play poorly, but I never had a good competitive mindset, and I posted rounds of 70 and 71 for a three-under-par total at Carolina Lakes Golf Course just south of Charlotte, NC. Those rounds earned a four-way tie for ninth place, and ninth was the last position to earn money, so it definitely was not a financially productive tournament for me on the Carolinas Pro Tour.

I am not happy with that result and am a bit disappointed with the poor mental effort that I gave in the tournament, but I must say that after traveling home on Tuesday evening, I awoke Wednesday morning ready to get back to work. Since I did not treat the Monday-Tuesday event like a tournament this week, I am going to hold myself accountable for all of my non-tournament week process goals. I have had three very good days of work since then, and am excited to keep being productive this weekend. I have a lot of work to do to finish my goals, but I will get them done!

It was great to get that Egolf win last week, but that is just a stepping stone to achieving my goals and getting to where I want to be. That win felt good, but I am already hungry to get out and accomplish much more. I have a lot of good things on the schedule in the coming weeks. Next week I will play an Egolf event just north of Charlotte, NC, at a course called Irish Creek. It should be a great tournament with a big field, so I am highly motivated to have my game in top shape.

I am going to have a solid weekend of work, and I will be ready to go when I hit the road for Charlotte next week. Keep it here for a weekend practice report on Sunday evening. Again, thank you so much to everyone for all of the support and encouragement! It means so much to me to have so many people pulling for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...