Thursday, July 12, 2012

Good Score in Round 2

I felt great about my game heading into the second round of this week's Egolf event. Playing at the easy  (but very good) Country Club of Salisbury, I birdied two of the first three holes to validate the good feelings. I never really got into much of a rhythm, however, and even though I hit a lot of good shots, I had to work hard for some pars and didn't make another birdie until I hit a great four iron close at the par-3 ninth. Another birdie on the tenth could have really sparked a great back nine, but, once again, I couldn't string together enough good shots to get any momentum rolling. I misjudged a "flyer" lie from just off of the fairway at the par-4 twelfth hole and suffered my only bogey of the day. My next couple of tee shots were a bit wayward and added some stress to my day, but I stayed relatively calm and recovered very well from tricky spots left of the thirteenth and fifteenth fairways. My putter came alive in the final four holes as I rolled in putts of 15, 20, and 12 feet for birdies and made a five footer to save par in between the last two birdies. At the end of the day it was a six-under-par round of 65. That is a good score and I am very happy with, but my game actually felt better during my opening-round 70 at Irish Creek. I head back to Irish Creek for the final two rounds on Friday and Saturday, and I'm hopeful that I can combine the quality feelings I got from my first round with the positive scoring I was able to produce in round 2. If I am able to do that, it will be a great weekend. I'm in a decent position to make a move, and I am ready to play well. I am going to be focused and relaxed, and I am going to have a great time! Come back for more news after each of the final two rounds. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...