Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rocky Start but Good Patience

My game was lousy in round 1. After a great start where I executed well for the first three holes, I just sort of lost it. I was hitting tee balls everywhere, mishitting iron shots, and putting with the touch of a Romanian power lifter. It looked ugly, but I stayed committed to my plan and never started to press. Finally, after a bad tee shot on the 13th hole, I pulled it together and salvaged a birdie on my way to playing the next four holes in four under par. A disappointing bogey on the 17th ended my run and capped me at three under par for the round. It was a round of 68 to start the event. Southern Pines Golf Club played as easily as any course we've played this year, so that is not a good score, but I am very proud of the way I battled and kept myself in the tournament.

Tomorrow I tee it up at Little River at 10:40. I'm going to stay relaxed, have fun, and commit to an intelligently aggressive plan on every shot. Good strategy and fearless execution will equal a good round tomorrow even if I can't quite find my "A" stuff. Check back here for the good news from round 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...