Friday, June 4, 2010

Gonna Get it ALL Right in Round 4

I've been close all week. In Friday's third round, my ball-striking continued to feel great. I made two shaky swings on a couple of front-nine iron shots that led to bogeys but was very solid thereafter. I have still struggled with both my wedges and my putter, but I feel like I'm very close to having those areas figured out as well. Despite the early miscues today and the poor wedge play and putting, I battled to a third round score of 69 to keep myself in contention in this tournament. I am at 12 under par for the event, and the leaders are at 17 under. I'm not going to go out there trying to win, but I definitely believe that I can. If I continue to strike the ball the way that I have so far this week and I improve my performance with the wedges and putter, it will be an exciting day.

Either way, I'm super excited to be back in contention in a golf tournament. My game feels great, and I am loving playing late on the weekend. Tomorrow is going to be a good day. I'm going to stay relaxed, keep it simple, and just trust myself on every swing tomorrow! Check back here for results or look online at www.egolfprofessionaltour.com. Good news coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...