Monday, June 14, 2010

A Great Week Off

I had an awesome week off after my best finish of the year in my last tournament. I worked on my wedge play a lot and really feel like I sharpened that area of my game while keeping the ball-striking at a high level. My putting feels great in practice, and I know that I'm ready to have a good week in that area, too.

On top of all that, I also got to spend some really great time away from golf with my family and girlfriend. Alicia flew down from Missouri for the whole week, and both of my older sisters took a little time off work and traveled to Tennessee so that we had the whole family home. Together we all enjoyed rafting in the Great Smokey Mountains, tennis, frisbee, and a lot of quality time just being a happy family. Times like that really take a lot of weight off of my shoulders on the golf course because I know that I am well-loved unconditionally by a lot of people. So to Mom, Dad, Laura, Gina and Jake, Isaac and Abigail, and Alicia I want to say: Thank you all very much for the best birthday week ever!

I am now in Salisbury, North Carolina, getting ready for another good week on the Tarheel Tour. With a healthy attitude and a quiet confidence, I'm feeling very good about my game!

I'll play my second practice round tomorrow and write a pre-tournament post tomorrow evening with course information. It's going to be an exciting week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...