Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Almost...

I played nicely today. My thought over every shot was, "here's my ball; there's my target; GO!" I've been playing so great in my practice rounds and when practicing on my own, so I'm determined not to over-think shots just because the tournament has begun. The plan worked quite well from a ball-striking standpoint. I hit the driver well and my iron play was very solid. Unfortunately, the Jackson course at Rock Barn requires good wedge play and putting to go low, and I was a little off in both of those areas. I hit a lot of wedge shots to 20 feet and made only one putt from that range all day. The end result was a disappointing total of three-under-par 68 on a golf course that yielded a plethora of low scores.

I'm very happy with the way I felt on the course today. I started very slowly and found myself one over through five holes. I remained patient, though, and made four birdies in the middle of my round before missing seven consecutive birdie putts of less than twenty feet on the last seven holes. I hit a lot of good putts, but they just weren't falling today. Tomorrow I am going to hit my wedges closer to the hole and make more putts!

I tee it up at 8:10 tomorrow morning and I am going to play a great round and get myself into contention this week! Check back here for the good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...