Thursday, June 3, 2010

Good Round!

I hit the ball great in round 2. I can honestly say that I putted badly on my way to a six-under-par 66. My ball-striking was better than I can ever remember it being. If you let me count the eighth hole where my wedge shot spun back a few inches onto the front fringe, I hit all 18 greens today and reached two par five greens in two. What's even more impressive is the fact that on 17 of the 18 greens, I had less than 25 feet for birdie. The 11th hole was the lone time that I had longer than 25 feet for birdie, and I suffered a disappointing three-putt bogey from 40 feet there. My putter was cold all day, but I worked on it after the round and I know that it will come alive in the next two rounds. If I continue to hit it the way I did today, I might go scary low the next couple days!

There are still some scores to come in from the second round, so I'm not sure where I stand, but I know that I will be in striking distance heading into the weekend. I just want to continue to keep it simple and get the putter hot, and I'll be in great shape.

I'm heading back out to the course for some relaxation in the pool and then some practice once the heat subsides a little bit. What a great afternoon! It should set up a great day tomorrow. Come back here for more good news tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...