Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Good Start

I played really well today in round one. I made two mistakes that I would really like to have back, but I shot a nice round of three-under-par 68 at the Sapona Country Club.

After feeling great before the round, I got off to a really nice start. I hit every fairway and all but one green on the the first ten holes and stood on the second tee (my 11th hole) at four under par. That stretch even included a disappointing three-putt par at the par-five 18th. On the second hole, I made my only really awful swing of the day. On a hole with trouble right but very much room on the left side, I failed to commit to any game plan and flailed at a drive with a "don't go right" swing. I snarf-hooked it so far left that it caught some trees just off of the tee and dove left out of bounds. Not daunted, I re-teed with the same club, picked a solid target down the fairway, and smoked one down the left center. None-the-less, the penalty led to a double bogey. I remained confident moving forward from that and never did miss another fairway, but I was trying too hard to force some birdies in the closing holes and only managed to get one back from the double. I wish I could have posted a better score today, but I'm really happy with the way my game felt.

I'm excited to go out tomorrow morning and play at the Country Club of Salisbury. The course suits me very well, and my game feels great. I tee it up at 8:20! Check back here for the good news after round 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...