Saturday, June 19, 2010

Exciting Day; Good Tournament

My final round at the Country Club of Salisbury was an exciting one. I felt great going into the day, and really feel very good about the way I played all day. I got off to a great start with birdies on each of the first three holes and the sixth hole. Unfortunately, I could not keep up the torrid pace and never got any closer to the lead than that. I made a lot of pars the rest of the day and swapped a bogey on the 12th hole with a birdie on the 15th to finish the round at four-under-par 67. Of course I'm disappointed not to have shot a better score after the great start, but I'm proud of the way I played this week and also proud of the way I stayed patient and completed my final round without ever deviating from my game plan.

With that said, I wish I had performed better at the end of the round today. While I didn't feel nervous, my great start definitely got my adrenaline flowing, and my rhythm got off a little bit. I started the back nine with three consecutive missed fairways, and my momentum was just stunted. Like I said, I stuck with my game plan and never started to press, but I just couldn't quite get it back on track.

My effort today was good for a tied for 6th place finish--my best finish of the year. I've definitely got some momentum moving forward. I feel great about the way I'm playing, and I feel very good about my mindset on the golf course right now.

I'm going to hang out in the Charlotte area tomorrow and hopefully find a place for a quick practice tomorrow before heading on to the Pinehurst, NC area on Monday morning to begin preparing for next week's Tarheel Tour event. Two weeks ago I finished tied for 16th. This week I was tied for 6th. I like where I'm heading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...