Saturday, June 19, 2010

Exciting Day; Good Tournament

My final round at the Country Club of Salisbury was an exciting one. I felt great going into the day, and really feel very good about the way I played all day. I got off to a great start with birdies on each of the first three holes and the sixth hole. Unfortunately, I could not keep up the torrid pace and never got any closer to the lead than that. I made a lot of pars the rest of the day and swapped a bogey on the 12th hole with a birdie on the 15th to finish the round at four-under-par 67. Of course I'm disappointed not to have shot a better score after the great start, but I'm proud of the way I played this week and also proud of the way I stayed patient and completed my final round without ever deviating from my game plan.

With that said, I wish I had performed better at the end of the round today. While I didn't feel nervous, my great start definitely got my adrenaline flowing, and my rhythm got off a little bit. I started the back nine with three consecutive missed fairways, and my momentum was just stunted. Like I said, I stuck with my game plan and never started to press, but I just couldn't quite get it back on track.

My effort today was good for a tied for 6th place finish--my best finish of the year. I've definitely got some momentum moving forward. I feel great about the way I'm playing, and I feel very good about my mindset on the golf course right now.

I'm going to hang out in the Charlotte area tomorrow and hopefully find a place for a quick practice tomorrow before heading on to the Pinehurst, NC area on Monday morning to begin preparing for next week's Tarheel Tour event. Two weeks ago I finished tied for 16th. This week I was tied for 6th. I like where I'm heading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...