Friday, June 18, 2010

Improving Every Day

Round 3 was a good one for me today. I drove it well and played a lot of great and patient iron shots on the way to a bogey-free six-under-par round of 65. I handled the par fives well and also hit a few really nice wedge shots on the back nine. On top of all that, my putting was solid. I did not make any long putts, but I made quite a few solid ones in that 3-6 foot range. All areas of my game are feeling good. I think I'm ready for another really good round tomorrow!

My round today has me to 14 under par for the tournament. The leader is a 19 under. Obviously, I would like to be closer to the top, but I am tied for 7th and feel like I am in a really good position heading into the final round. I am not going to go out there tomorrow trying to win, but I honestly believe that if I stick to my game plan all day, there is a chance that I will be on top at the end.

The game plan for tomorrow is more of what I did today. I must choose intelligently aggressive shots tomorrow and continue to execute my plan fearlessly on each shot. I'm going to be patient but also be ready to jump on birdie opportunities. On the greens, I'm just going to continue to do what I'm doing on the greens: picking a line, trusting it, and stroking it confidently. I feel like I'm going to play great tomorrow.

My parents are driving over from Tennessee, and I am pumped for a great day. Check back here for a great final round report tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...