Friday, November 20, 2009

Stage 2; Round 3

Well, I have my work cut out for me now. I actually felt pretty confident heading into round three, but I just couldn't get anything going and shot a one-under par 71 on a day when scores were pretty low. It looks like eight under par will likely be right around the 20th spot after tomorrow, and I'm tied for 50th at one under.

Bleak? Yes, but it sure will be a sweet feeling if I'm able to pull it off. I know that I can do it. I can shoot a 65 on this golf course without doing anything special if I execute the easy shots well and get a few putts to fall. I'm going to try to go out tomorrow and enjoy the challenge of every shot, and I hope that at the end of the day it totals up to something that is good enough to allow me to advance.

It's been frustrating in a lot of ways this week, but I'm learning a lot and I'm still having a lot of fun. I'm going to keep having fun tomorrow and if I play well, I may just get this done. It's a long shot, but in 19 hours I could have a ticket to the final stage of PGA Tour Q-school. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...