Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One Practice Round Down

The Mountain View Course at Callaway Gardens is perfect for me. It's not very long, and most of the challenge will be in hitting precise short irons and reading the greens--which are bermuda grass but in great shape.

I feel like I am sharp with my short irons, and I can putt with anyone, so I'm really excited about the way the course sets up for me.

While the tree-lined fairways are pretty generous, you do have to drive the ball fairly straight. The main focus of my practice today is ensuring that I'm sharp with the driver. It has been a little inconsistent lately, but I feel good about the way I'm swinging it.

It is definitely the kind of course where you can make a lot of birdies. I think I'm going to do that this week. I think the course is setting me up for a stage two win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...