Monday, January 27, 2014

A Little Dip

Golf definitely has its ups and downs. I'm a firm believer that good preparation and a great mental game can minimize the down times, but they will still exist. I am in one of those little dips right now. I'm happy with my practice, and my game is feeling good, but it's not quite all coming together the way that I would like for it to. I played in the Monday Qualifier for this week's event, the Phoenix Open, and though birdies on two of the first three holes seemed promising, I battled major inconsistencies and struggled to a one-ove-par round of 73. Obviously, that did not get the job done. I'm struggling on the course right now, but I'm not far off, and I'll get it very soon.

I'm coming off a week at Torrey Pines during which I had a lot of good practice, but for the first time this year, I did not get all of Map Goals done. I didn't hit my flagsticks with my wedges, hole my bunker shot, finish my putting drills, or complete all of my workouts. Sounds like a rough week, but I did get in a lot of good work. I should complete all of my Map Goals, though, and with this week off, I plan to ensure that I get back on track in that regard. 

I'll get my work done this week, and I'm going to stay positive about my golf game. I'm hitting enough good shots and doing enough good things to know that I am on track to achieve my goals; I just need to develop more consistency. That will come with a great attitude and some good practice, and I will take care of both of those!

Thank you for following me and keep it here for updates from this week of work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...