Friday, January 17, 2014

Good, Bad, and Ugly in Round 2

Overall, I was awful in the second round of the Humana Challenge. Playing La Quinta Country Club--a course that suits me very well--in perfect weather conditions, I struggled early and often on my way to a terrible score of 75 (+3). After hitting the ball very well during the first round, I was a little bit off during my warm-up session on Friday morning, and I never found it on the course. I hit the ball solidly and hit a couple of really great shots, but I was missing shots in both directions and made some really big mistakes. I drove the ball in two water hazards and hooked a three wood out of bounds into a par five. Those kinds of mistakes are uncharacteristic for me, and they certainly were costly. After the round, however, I had a beautiful practice session and really feel like I am still on the right track. Because this tournament is contested on three golf courses, I get another round to try to vault back up the leaderboard. I am certainly not in good shape to make the 54-hole cut right now, but I am going to put up a great performance on the Nicklaus Course at PGA West on Saturday. Friday's round was a set-back, but I'm still moving in the correct direction. Come back for a good report from round 3. Thank you for following me!

1 comment:

  1. Great respect that u post good and bad days, shows maturity.

    Learn what u can, then move forward/forget.

    Get the feel, and chase down some birdies. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...