Friday, January 17, 2014

Good, Bad, and Ugly in Round 2

Overall, I was awful in the second round of the Humana Challenge. Playing La Quinta Country Club--a course that suits me very well--in perfect weather conditions, I struggled early and often on my way to a terrible score of 75 (+3). After hitting the ball very well during the first round, I was a little bit off during my warm-up session on Friday morning, and I never found it on the course. I hit the ball solidly and hit a couple of really great shots, but I was missing shots in both directions and made some really big mistakes. I drove the ball in two water hazards and hooked a three wood out of bounds into a par five. Those kinds of mistakes are uncharacteristic for me, and they certainly were costly. After the round, however, I had a beautiful practice session and really feel like I am still on the right track. Because this tournament is contested on three golf courses, I get another round to try to vault back up the leaderboard. I am certainly not in good shape to make the 54-hole cut right now, but I am going to put up a great performance on the Nicklaus Course at PGA West on Saturday. Friday's round was a set-back, but I'm still moving in the correct direction. Come back for a good report from round 3. Thank you for following me!

1 comment:

  1. Great respect that u post good and bad days, shows maturity.

    Learn what u can, then move forward/forget.

    Get the feel, and chase down some birdies. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Visible Progress

I’ve been making a lot of invisible progress lately. By that, I mean that my scores have been consistently rather stinky, but beneath that,...