Thursday, January 23, 2014

Close to Good; Ready for Great

My score on day one of the Farmers Insurance Open was not great. Playing that much easier North Course at Torrey Pines, I posted a one-under-par round of 71. At times I looked quite good, but I was a little erratic with my driver, and did not finish the round in great form with the putter. My game feels good, though, and I think I am close to playing great golf. 

On Friday I move to the South Course at Torrey Pines. I have heard many veteran players comment that the South Course is playing more difficult this week than it did when it hosted the 2008 U.S. Open. I relish that challenge. I enjoy playing hard golf courses, because I know that my intelligence, my attitude, and my short game will give me an advantage. I will have to execute well to be successful on the South Course, but I know that I am ready to do that. I am going to have a good game plan and a great mindset when I hit the course on Friday, and I'm confident that my skills will be sharp as well.

Come back for a round-two report late Friday evening. Thank you for keeping up with me!

1 comment:

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...