Thursday, January 9, 2014

Ready for a Challenge in Hawaii

I say every winter that I'm not going to be rusty when the season begins. Well, as usual, I am a little bit off heading into my first event of the year. I'm in Honolulu, Hawaii, for the Sony Open at Waialae Country Club. It is a beautiful spot, but so far, my game hasn't been as pretty as the views of Waikiki Beach. I have just been a little out of sorts in all facets of the game. With that said, I'm confident that with an efficient practice session on Thursday morning, I will be able to get over the hump and find that loving feeling in time to start 2014 on a high note. I have shown some good signs on the practice facilities and I know that I am starting to follow a good plan again. I may not be sharp just yet, but I'm getting better, and I will use my strengths--namely my attitude and putting--to have a successful week here at the Sony Open.

I was able to take a cool, non-golf excursion on Wednesday that I want to share with you. My good friend Billy Hurley III was a Lieutenant in the United States Navy and has now earned his second trip to the PGA Tour. He served for three plus years at sea in the Navy and was on a Naval Destroyer called the USS Chung-Hoon. It just so happens that the Chung-Hoon is based in Pearl Harbor and is at port right now. Billy went back to see his ship, and I am lucky enough to have gotten to go with him. To tour an active Naval Vessel and to see first hand the site of the attack on Pearl Harbor is a pretty humbling experience. Thank you to Billy and the crew of the USS Chung-Hoon for a very memorable Wednesday morning.

I'm trying to add pictures from the ship but currently struggling to do so. For now I'm going to sleep, but come back tomorrow for the possibility of some cool Navy Ship pictures and the guarantee of a report from day one of the Sony Open! Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...