Sunday, February 2, 2014

Great Week; Ready for Pebble Beach

A lot of great stuff happened this past week. I did not have the grind-it-out type of week on the practice facilities that I have come to expect from myself, but I played golf on six different courses and had accomplished exactly what I needed. I have definitely been putting a little too much pressure on myself on the golf course, so this week, with my caddie's help, I focused on having a lot of fun while playing golf. We still got quite a bit of work done, too. 

Here are the headlines from the week: 

We played a fun match at Grayhawk Golf Club in Phoenix on Tuesday. On Tuesday evening, we road-tripped up to Las Vegas where we spent the next two days and played both TPC courses there. From Vegas, we traveled over to Southern California on Thursday evening, and I spent all day Friday out at the Titleist Performance Institute facilities. My time there was great. I have a few new elements to add into my workouts and I confirmed that my equipment is pretty darn good for me. From Southern California, we cruised up to the Monterey Peninsula on Saturday morning, and I played a practice round on the beautiful Monterey Peninsula Country Club that afternoon. Finally, on Sunday, Mikel and I met one of my great friends, Charlie Schorgl, for a fun-filled match at a great course called Pasatiempo. There were a couple of noteworthy things that occurred during the match on Sunday. First of all, Charlie and his partner, Rocky, out-dueled Mikel and I on the back nine in extra holes to take a sandwich off of us. In more exciting news, Mikel made his ninth hole-in-one with a perfect nine iron on the 145-yard 15th hole. It was a wonderful highlight to wrap up a great week!

This past week was a little bit out of character for me. I did not finish all of my Map Goals. In fact, I didn't even try to do so. I love to practice, and hard work on the golf course is never really "work" to me, but I needed to remember how much I enjoy just playing golf. I had a blast just playing golf this past week. Now I am in Pebble Beach for this week's Tour event, and it is back to work. I will get all of my Map Goals done this week, but when I'm out there on the course in the tournament, I will remember how much I enjoy just playing golf.

It's going to be a fantastic week. Please come back for updates from this beautiful place. Thank you for following me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...