Thursday, April 7, 2011

Scary Week but All is Good!

Last weekend was great. After my tournament in Charlotte was cancelled, I was determined that I would still have a very productive week, and I did just that. Last Saturday and Sunday I had some great practice sessions and checked off all of my process goals for last week. I was really feeling good about my game and just feeling good in general. I planned to have a full week of practice this week and leave for my tournament next week at St. James Plantation in Southport, NC, feeling even better about my game. Unfortunately, I have hardly even touched my clubs this week. I felt some slight discomfort in my lower back during a weather-shortened practice on Monday, then, after a good workout Tuesday morning, I noticed some serious pain in the same area of my back while doing my normal stretches. That afternoon, my first little swing at the golf course sent me to my knees in pain, and I knew that I had a problem. Luckily for me, I have an "in" with the best physical therapist in the world, my sister Laura, and she diagnosed me and has been training me back to health over the phone. Mostly I've just been relaxing my back and not using it, but I have also done a few simple exercises to help speed the healing process. I'm pretty sure that I could hit a few balls today, but I am going to rest until tomorrow just to be safe. I have never had any problems with my back before, and I feel like I am in the best shape of my life right now, so I don't see this causing any major problems for me. I will be cautious and move slowly through the weekend, but I fully anticipate being back to 100% by next week.

I'm excited to compete again. With the rainout of my event last week, I'm quickly approaching a full month since my last tournament, so it will be good to get back into it. I'm a huge fan of the two courses we will be playing next week at St. James Plantation as well. The facility there boasts 72 holes of golf, and the two courses that the Egolf Tour will use for our event next week are very good and very demanding. I stayed with a great host family there last year, so I have the opportunity to arrive a little early and get in a few rounds on the courses before the official practice rounds begin on Monday, and I plan to that. As long as my back feels good in the morning, I will get up early and drive out there tomorrow so that I can play the courses over the weekend and use the great practice facilities in preparation for the event next week. I am hopeful that with some good practice, I will be ready to have a special tournament at St. James Plantation.

I feel good! It's a bummer about my back hurting this week, but that is not going to set me back. I am very excited to get back to practicing and can't wait to see if my game is as sharp next week as it was feeling before I went on injured reserve for a couple days. I should be getting back to playing a little bit tomorrow. Come back here to see how it goes. Exciting things are coming for me in the very near future. Thank you for following and supporting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...