Thursday, April 14, 2011

Great Golf in Round 2

I didn't shoot a great score, but I played so well in the second round of Egolf Tour's St. James Classic. Playing the Reserve Course at St. James, I got off to a poor start, bogeying two of my first four holes, but I smiled and stayed positive all day, and some great golf followed my rocky start. In fact, in my final 12 holes of the day, I was never more than 30 feet from the hole for birdie, and I had a five birdie putts from inside of ten feet. Fortunately for me, I hit it very close on two holes and tapped in for birdies because I was unable to convert any of my mid-range birdie tries. In the end though, I fired a second round of even-par 72 and moved up the leaderboard enough to make the cut with a shot to spare.

I was really pleased with my attitude on the course in the second round. My early bogeys were as much a result of a couple poor breaks as they were bad execution, but I stayed really positive and continued to enjoy myself. Smiling is one of my big keys to success, and I used it today.

One disappointing element of my second round is the fact that I made four 5's on the par-5's. I executed fairly well on those holes, but a few less-than-stellar putts and one horrific break on a wedge shot kept me from making any birdies on the par-5's. If I can clean that up tomorrow and continue to stay relaxed and execute well everywhere else, I should be able to put a great round together. One thing I know is that I will be having fun out there. I tee it up at 9:00 a.m. in round 3, and it's going to be a great day. Come back here to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...