Thursday, April 14, 2011

Great Golf in Round 2

I didn't shoot a great score, but I played so well in the second round of Egolf Tour's St. James Classic. Playing the Reserve Course at St. James, I got off to a poor start, bogeying two of my first four holes, but I smiled and stayed positive all day, and some great golf followed my rocky start. In fact, in my final 12 holes of the day, I was never more than 30 feet from the hole for birdie, and I had a five birdie putts from inside of ten feet. Fortunately for me, I hit it very close on two holes and tapped in for birdies because I was unable to convert any of my mid-range birdie tries. In the end though, I fired a second round of even-par 72 and moved up the leaderboard enough to make the cut with a shot to spare.

I was really pleased with my attitude on the course in the second round. My early bogeys were as much a result of a couple poor breaks as they were bad execution, but I stayed really positive and continued to enjoy myself. Smiling is one of my big keys to success, and I used it today.

One disappointing element of my second round is the fact that I made four 5's on the par-5's. I executed fairly well on those holes, but a few less-than-stellar putts and one horrific break on a wedge shot kept me from making any birdies on the par-5's. If I can clean that up tomorrow and continue to stay relaxed and execute well everywhere else, I should be able to put a great round together. One thing I know is that I will be having fun out there. I tee it up at 9:00 a.m. in round 3, and it's going to be a great day. Come back here to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...