Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lessons from Round 1

I played really well in the first round of this week's Egolf tournament at St. James Plantation, but I uncharacteristically lost control of my emotions, and it cost me a lot of shots. I guess I began the round with high expectations because I was on edge from my very first missed shot. I birdied 5 of the first 11 holes, but allowed some stupid mistakes off of the tee and around the greens to rattle me and stumbled my way to lousy first-round score of 74. My game is better than that, and I should have easily shot a better score than that today, but I failed to get myself committed to a good plan on a lot of shots today, and I suffered a lot of bogeys and a really bad double bogey because of it. I wasn't my normal relaxed, happy-go-lucky self on the course today, and that was disappointing.

The good news is I know that my game is good, and I learned from today's round. Tomorrow I will be much more focused on each shot and will trust my game to deliver good results. And I will do a lot of Smiling! I play at the Reserve Course tomorrow, and I feel like I can put together a really solid round on that demanding layout. Come back here for some good news following the round! Also check out the full results at: www.egolfprofessionaltour.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...