Monday, April 25, 2011

0 for 1, but Many More to Come!

I was in Thomasville, Georgia, today competing in the Monday Qaulifier for the Nationwide Tour's South Georgia Classic in nearby Valdosta. After a great day of preparation at Glen Arven Country Club, my qualifying site, on Sunday, I felt great this morning as I prepared to "sweep the dew" in the day's first group at 7:30 a.m., but, for some reason, I just didn't play well today. My round needs very little description. I drove it poorly a few times, wedged it poorly many times, and didn't putt the ball very well at all. I shot a one-over-par score of 73 and was a full seven shots short of qualifying for the event. My game is more than good enough to have qualified this week, but I had an off day today. There really isn't too much more to it than that. I definitely need to a have a great week of practice to find that "lovin' feeling" that was so present in my game mid-week last week, but I know that I am not far from playing great!

I finished my round by noon and after a quick shower in the locker room, I was in the car heading home. I made it back safely and am really looking forward to a great week of practice here in East TN! I don't have to wait long for another crack at the Nationwide Tour as I will be competing in another Monday Qualifier next week for an event in Athens, Georgia. My game will be ready to take advantage of the opportunity next week. Keep it here for some practice reports throughout the week. I thought I would have better news from today's qualifier, but I know that good news is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...