Saturday, April 16, 2011

Close to Awesome in Round 3

My third round in the St. James Classic was an interesting one. After hitting two perfect shots on my opening hole, the difficult par-4 10th, it took me seven holes to hit another good shot. I struggled my way around holes 11 through 17, hitting lousy shot after lousy shot. I made two bogeys and no birdies on that nine holes, but when I turned to the front nine, I flipped a switch. I birdied holes 2 through 5 and then missed close-range birdie opportunities on each of my last three holes. It really could have been a special round if I had converted those opportunities coming down the stretch, but my score of two-under-par 70 was a good one for the day and helped to move me up the leaderboard considerably.

I am a little disappointed that I wasn't able to play better on my opening nine and that I wasn't able to roll in some 5-10 foot putts on my last three holes, but I really do feel like my game is in great shape right now. The weather for the final round looks very questionable, but I'm ready to get out there and play. I trust my game, and I'm having a lot of fun. I think if the weather will just be good enough to allow us to play, I will be ready to take advantage of the chance to put together an entire round of good golf. I'll come back and let you know what happens in the final round when it's all said and done. Thank you for following!

1 comment:

  1. Great job in Round 4 for someone who was posting on his blog at 3:06 am!! Keep finishing in the Top 10.

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...