Friday, April 22, 2011

No Good in Round 3 but Still Excited

I just wasn't sharp today in the third round of the Egolf Tour's Columbia Classic. Playing at Columbia Country Club after a four hour delay for morning storms, I never really felt in-synch, though my scorecard looked pretty sharp through 11 holes. I made scrappy birdies on three front nine holes before adding a perfectly executed birdie on the 11th to stand at four under on the day on the twelth tee. A poor wedge into the par-five twelth led to a disappointing par, but my sloppiness would worsen from there. I failed to get up and down from 74 yards for birdie on the next hole, and then drove it into a water hazard on the par-5 15th hole and suffered my first bogey of the day. The damage wasn't over. I hit poor iron shots into the 16th and 17th holes and failed to convert difficult two-putts from off of the green on both occasions. After making only 3 bogeys for my first 50 holes of the tournament, I made three in a row on holes 51, 52, and 53. A poor short iron into the last led to a par and a disappointing score of one-under-par 71. All of that, and I still feel great, though! My game wasn't great today, but I am still doing everything right. I was just a little bit off for some reason. I didn't fall too far down the leaderboard, though, and I still have the opportunity for a great finish if I can play well tomorrow. I know I'm playing great, so tomorrow should be a lot of fun! Come back here to hear about my final round, and check out the results at www.egolfprofessionaltour.com.

In other news, I'm extremely excited right now. I will begin working towards two of my outcome goals in the very near future. My first Nationwide Tour Monday Qualifier is in two days in Valdosta, Georgia, and I just finalized my application for U.S. Open Qualifying. The local round of U.S. Open qualifying is in mid-May, but I'm excited for it already.

First things first, however: I need to go play one shot at a time tomorrow in the final round of the Columbia Classic and enjoy myself while doing so. I will do that, and I know that I'll be carrying some good vibes into my first Nationwide Qualifier after tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...