Friday, April 22, 2011

No Good in Round 3 but Still Excited

I just wasn't sharp today in the third round of the Egolf Tour's Columbia Classic. Playing at Columbia Country Club after a four hour delay for morning storms, I never really felt in-synch, though my scorecard looked pretty sharp through 11 holes. I made scrappy birdies on three front nine holes before adding a perfectly executed birdie on the 11th to stand at four under on the day on the twelth tee. A poor wedge into the par-five twelth led to a disappointing par, but my sloppiness would worsen from there. I failed to get up and down from 74 yards for birdie on the next hole, and then drove it into a water hazard on the par-5 15th hole and suffered my first bogey of the day. The damage wasn't over. I hit poor iron shots into the 16th and 17th holes and failed to convert difficult two-putts from off of the green on both occasions. After making only 3 bogeys for my first 50 holes of the tournament, I made three in a row on holes 51, 52, and 53. A poor short iron into the last led to a par and a disappointing score of one-under-par 71. All of that, and I still feel great, though! My game wasn't great today, but I am still doing everything right. I was just a little bit off for some reason. I didn't fall too far down the leaderboard, though, and I still have the opportunity for a great finish if I can play well tomorrow. I know I'm playing great, so tomorrow should be a lot of fun! Come back here to hear about my final round, and check out the results at www.egolfprofessionaltour.com.

In other news, I'm extremely excited right now. I will begin working towards two of my outcome goals in the very near future. My first Nationwide Tour Monday Qualifier is in two days in Valdosta, Georgia, and I just finalized my application for U.S. Open Qualifying. The local round of U.S. Open qualifying is in mid-May, but I'm excited for it already.

First things first, however: I need to go play one shot at a time tomorrow in the final round of the Columbia Classic and enjoy myself while doing so. I will do that, and I know that I'll be carrying some good vibes into my first Nationwide Qualifier after tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...