Friday, October 29, 2010

Round 3

I played hard in the third round. I never really found any kind of comfort zone at all, but I kept moving on and believing in myself. I hit very few good shots, but never hit any horrendous ones either and finished the round with just one bogey offset by two birdies for a one-under-par round of 71. While this was certainly not a great score, it allowed me to hold my position in the field on a day when the scoring average was nearly a full shot higher than it had been the first two rounds.

I don't know why everything seemed so difficult for me in the third round, but at the end of the day, I'm very proud of the fact that I was able to shoot under par given the way I felt. My chipping was really good, and, though I missed a few very make-able birdie putts, my putter was solid all day. I feel like I'm very close to firing on all cylinders, and I really think I can find that loving feel in the final round.

I'm sitting in a large tie for 17th place right now at six under par for the event. I'm right on the number to qualify as of right now, so that means that I just need a good, solid final round. If I can stay relaxed and continue to enjoy myself, I know that I will play well. Therefore, my strategy is going to be the same tomorrow as it has been all week: lots of smiles and a firm commitment to believe in myself and trust my routine on every shot. I'm going to have a good day! Check back right here to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...