Thursday, October 14, 2010

Poor Final Round but Still Excited Moving Forward

I struggled in today's final round at Callaway Gardens. My ball-striking was just not quite there. I missed a lot of fairways, and never hit a short iron anywhere near my target. I putted well enough to survive and shot even-par 72 in some blustery conditions, but the course was giving up some good scores, and I fell back a little bit in the field. I ended up tied for 16th place. I'm definitely bummed because I wanted and expected to contend for the victory, but I'm very pleased with the way that I stayed positive and battled out a respectable score in each round. My game wasn't super sharp the last couple days, but with the right attitude, I feel like I can scrape out good scores no matter how I'm playing.

I'm really confident about my game right now. I believe that I have the ability to compete at any level. It's a cool feeling!

So now it's time to move forward. I'm going to enjoy a day of family time tomorrow hanging out with my two older sisters and my nieces and nephew in Cartersville, Georgia. My sis Laura is took a day off of work and flew down here to hang out for the weekend, so this is a special chance to be with both sisters at once. I may celebrate the occasion with a full day off from golf tomorrow, but I'd say I'll have some withdrawals and sneak out to some course for a little practice at some point. Saturday I'm going to play at the Cartersville Country Club in the morning and then head home to beautiful Dandridge, TN, for a couple days just to regroup and practice at my home tracks. Then I'll head back down to Callaway Gardens early next week and have five or six good days of practice there before Q-school starts.

I'm excited about how my game has developed in the past year, and I'm particularly excited about the way my mindset about both my game and my career has improved. This is a cool time of year. I'm going to use the next couple of weeks to really sharpen my game, and I can't wait to tee it up again at Callaway Gardens in First Stage! Keep it here for practice and preparation reports between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...