Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Erratic First Round

My golf game was bi-polar today in the opening round of the First Stage of Q-school. I had stretches where I looked brilliant and others where I looked like I couldn't find it. I made five bogeys, but offset them with four birdies and an eagle for a one-under-par round of 71.

Mistakes really hurt me today on a day when the field scored very well, but I'm right in the middle of the pack and by no means in any trouble. I think I ended the day tied for 34th, but it's too early in the week to even care about that. The top 21 players and ties will advance at the end of the week.

My mistakes today were mostly off of the tee and on the greens. I three-putted my last two greens of the day from inside of 30 feet, and had two other occasions where I failed to get down in two from close to the hole just off of the green. My comfort over the putter wasn't there today, but I really am confident in my putting right now. I was very sloppy with a few drives today as well, but I just need to trust myself a little more off of the tee and make more committed swings. I can do that!

I tee it up a 9:33 tomorrow morning on the 10th hole, and I'll be ready to play well. The game plan is still the same: smile from the first tee to the last and believe in my game. I'm going to do it! Check back here for a good round 2 report!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...