Monday, October 18, 2010

Good Weekend

I was "uncle Pete" for a couple days after wrapping up last week's Tarheel Tour event at Callaway Gardens, and that sure was fun. After the tournament ended on Thursday, I spent Friday and most of the day on Saturday in Cartersville, Georgia, hanging out with my sisters and my nephew and nieces. I did go play golf on Saturday morning, but my two days there were more or less just about relaxing and enjoying some time with family. It was a great time!

Saturday evening I made the trip back home, and I got back to work yesterday. (I call it work, but it's still just "play" for me.) I had a really good day of practice in which I worked on a little bit of everything. I definitely need to spend some really good time working on medium to long range wedge shots. I just never felt sharp in that "gotta-hit-it-close" range last week. I know that I am one of the best wedge players out there, so I just need to make sure I re-sharpen my feel and have that aspect of my game ready to go next week. I feel really comfortable with my ball-striking right now, and I'm really putting well, so I'll just be working to groove those areas of my game in the coming week. I really worked hard on my chipping and pitching yesterday and feel like I'm pretty sharp around the greens. My feel for lower, bump-and-run type shots is really developing quickly and easily, and I have already seen some great results using those shots in the tournament last week. I feel like every aspect of my game is pretty good right now.

I'm going to have a really good day of practice today. I'll probably spend a little time on all of the practice areas this morning and then head out on the course with three balls in my pocket to play this afternoon. At some point today, I'm going to take my shag-bag full of balls and hit wedges into a trash can from all different yardages. It's going to be a productive day!

Tomorrow I will head back to Callaway Gardens to continue practicing and preparing on the tournament course (and more specifically, the tournament greens). I really got comfortable on the bermuda putting surfaces last week, but some extra time to get more fully adjusted to them can only help. So I will continue to have good practice sessions there on-site at Callaway, and I know that I will be even more ready to go when Q-school starts for me next week than I am right now. I feel good about things now, and I know that this coming week will only solidify my confidence.

Keep it here for some practice reports from Callaway Gardens. It's going to be a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Peter. Take that attitude and dominate Q school!

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...